Gutter covers, a.k.a. gutter guards, save you time and money. Hate cleaning gutters? We don’t know of anyone who doesn’t. Having gutter covers installed will keep debris out of your rain gutters. Additionally, gutter guards save you money by keeping your rain gutters running freely, mitigating any damage caused by blocked or overflowing gutters.
Inspect Your Rain Gutters
We’ve gotten our fair share of snow and wind this winter, which means the exterior of our homes have taken a beating. Rain gutters are not usually first on the minds of homeowners. In fact, some homeowners don’t think of them at all until they are falling off or the trim is begging to be painted. However, rain gutters take a lot of stress during the fall and winter. Falling branches, heavy snow and fluctuating temperatures, as well as the age of your rain gutters can all contribute to your gutters not doing the job they were designed to do.
So, we recommend you inspect your gutters. You can do this yourself or have a professional do it for you. What should you be looking for?
- Water stains on the exterior of your home from under or around the gutters
- Rotting wood soffits or rusted fascia
- Loose or missing mounting hardware
- Gaps between the fascia and the gutter
- Areas with standing water
- Sagging at the seams
- Rust or holes
Any or all of these mean that your rain gutters may need repair or replacement.
Rain Gutter Repair?
Of course! We can inspect your rain gutters and make recommendations as to the best course of action for you to take. We can replace missing hardware, caulk gaps, realign sagging rain gutters and seams, redirect down spouts…you name it…we’ll find a solution. And if we can’t fix your existing rain gutters, we can guarantee the best price, service and materials around on new installations.
What About Gutter Covers?
In our opinion, they are priceless! Here are just a few of the benefits of installing rain gutter covers or guards:
- Gutter guards prevent leaves and other debris, including errant toys, from clogging your rain gutters. Anything that interrupts the flow of water has the potential to create mayhem. Whether it’s your son who has inadvertently landed his toy soldier in the gutter or a build-up of leaves which is causing the rain to overflow, a gutter guard would have prevented it from happening in the first place.
- Gutter covers make your rain gutters self-cleaning! What a chore! That involves climbing on ladders or scrambling along the roof, trying to drag a hose or trash bag along with you. It’s a messy and dangerous job…but someone has to do it, at least twice a year, if you don’t have gutter guards installed.
- Gutter guards extend the life of your rain gutters. A buildup of leaves and soil will remain wet for a longer period of time than clearly running water, and standing water can be trapped behind these little “dams” of debris. Simply put, you’ll have water or moisture sitting in your rain gutters, slowly eating away at the finish and eventually rusting. This is especially true where gutter sections are joined.
- Gutter covers act as a barrier to mosquitoes, which may breed in standing water in your gutters, as well as to other pests, vermin or rodents that may find your rain gutter-highway to their liking. Birds find the protection of rain gutters very attractive during spring’s nest-building season, as do mice, rats, possums…you name it.
- Gutter guards can be a fire-prevention measure. Dried debris in your gutters can catch fire quickly. Sparks can travel long distances and quickly ignite in your rain gutters. A tiny spark from your neighbor’s burning leaves or from your own BBQ grill or fire pit can result in disaster, one which could have easily been prevented.
- Gutter covers can save you money by doing away with the issues that will most commonly cause damage to either the interior or exterior of your home. Our article here, talks about the damage we’ve seen and Do-it-Yourself vs. Professional Installation. If you are planning on selling or refinancing, having gutter guards installed will add to the value of your home.
What Are My Gutter Cover Options?
The first is by Leaf Solution. Backed by a 100% NO CLOG guarantee, Leaf Solution is a stainless steel micromesh gutter protection system that will keep virtually ALL debris out of your rain gutters. Leaf Solution can be installed on new or old gutters, is available in seven colors and is proudly manufactured right here in the U.S.A. Evelyn is pretty picky about who carries and installs her products; we are very proud to be a Leaf Solution dealer!
We also offer aluminum or plastic-coated steel inserts. Available in three and four-foot sections, these inserts will keep the largest pieces of debris out of your rain gutter system and will not rust. Many of our customers appreciate the gutter protection this option offers, as well as the cost savings.
Just give us a call for a FREE rain gutter inspection. We’ll answer all of your questions, discuss your options, work within your budget and provide a free estimate. We are committed to you and to upholding the highest ethical standards. We strive to provide only the very best quality, workmanship and customer service. We even have multilingual experts, so don’t let a language barrier stop you.
Simply Contact Us to get started. You can also call us at 260-589-9044 or visit us at 9116 S SR 116, Geneva, IN 46740. Our fax number is: 260-589-9045. We will gladly answer any questions you may have and schedule your free estimate, if that is what you wish.
We, at New Look Exteriors look forward to serving you.